Improve your practical language skills
The leader in
The Language Center's general goal is to help those who are interested in improving overall language proficiency. Our ESL Program is divided into two disciplines: Comprehension (Reading/Listening) and Expression (Writing/Speaking).
There are four levels of study in each discipline, including Low Beginning, High Beginning, Low Intermediate, and High Intermediate levels. Each class includes lab hours. Students can also attend grammar seminars, work in the computer lab and attend conversation group sessions.
4 reasons to
Unique method of teaching
86 different courses
Versatility of courses
The result is guaranteed
The leader in
- Bring a picture ID and Social Security card to register. If you do not have a Social Security card, the Language Center will provide you with a student identification number to use for school purposes.
- Complete the Language Center application.
- Complete the top part of the Test Appointment Form.
- Take the placement exam to determine your level. Bring ID to the test site.
- Register at the Language Center in F Building, Room 309. Tuition payment is due at time of registration. A payment plan is available for eligible students–60% of the tuition, plus a $25 fee to be paid when registering. The balance must be paid in total by the end of the 5th week of classes. Financial Aid is NOT available for the Institute.
Niel is an energetic teacher who likes writing, acting and making music. He enjoys bringing theatre into the classroom. Neil has travelled through Europe, although the Western Cape called him home to teach those at LC.
Kim loves to travel and experience new cultures. She has taught English for 5 years. When not in the classroom, Kim enjoys music and the outdoors either walking in the forest or mountains.
Alexandra is a passionate teacher who derives tremendous satisfaction from seeing her students reach their goals and improve their language skills. She is originally from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal and moved to Cape Town in 2013.
Mark is an adventurous person who loves to share his knowledge with his students. He enjoys excursions and has a passion for languages, making LC his favourite place.
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I was really impressed, your solution is excellent!! Your competence is justified!!
I just don't know how to describe your services... They are extraordinary! I am quite happy with them! Just keep up going this way!
Thank you very much. I’m impressed with your service. I’ve already told my friends about your company and your quick response, thanks again!